Today I discovered WatiN
which is a Watir
inspired testing framework for .Net that automates Internet Explorer actions. Here are some of the more notable features of the framework:
- Support for frames (cross domain) and iframes
- Support for popup dialogs like alert, confirm, login etc.
- Support for HTML dialogs (modal and modeless)
- Supports AJAX website testing.
- Works with Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7
The WatiN site has pretty good documentation documentation to get you started. Furthermore Richard Griffin ported the WATiR WebRecorder++
to create WATiN WebRecorder++
so there is a quick way of creating initial test scripts. Richard also has some great advice
on test case design which I'm going to get my team to read.
This may be just what I've been looking for to promote more automated web testing at my current company